Our SHINE® Memory Care program has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research.
One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a unique personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. In our memory care communities, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
What Is SHINE® Memory Care?
At The Summit we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents, and families
- Team member training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness, and participation
- Life enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences, and quiet and relaxed moments
- Neighborhood design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
What can you expect to discover in our memory care community? We help with all of the following:
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Celebrate each small success one at a time
- Encourage active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Promote physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Provide nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encourage active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serve meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
- Provide “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Provide purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gear activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Provide activities that are non-competitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Plan activities that match residents’ attention span
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Provide active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promote personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Provide play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact The Summit Today
For more information on our memory care program, please contact a senior lifestyle counselor. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal needs. We can schedule a tour and discuss our senior living options when you reach out to our team at 302.291.1645.