Our Retirement Community is Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Memory Care
Our SHINE® Memory Care program has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® is a personalized unique approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote lifestyle quality, comprehension, and engagement for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. In our memory care communities, you will have a group of experienced team members who provide compassionate and comprehensive care.
Discover the difference our memory care program can make. Contact The Summit at 302.219.0018 today to schedule a tour.
What Is SHINE® Memory Care?
At The Summit, we understand the challenges that people with dementia are facing. When your family or loved ones enter our memory care community, our objective is to assist them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Both our nurses as well as certified nurse assistants underwent ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, they plan a course of exploration for residents that focuses on diverse important aspects of life. Our program is planned to preserve and rebuild that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality food to personalized attention and care, you can be assured that your loved ones or family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as part of the care plan, which engages residents by celebrating their individuality and their life
- Team member training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, which enables them to be qualified to give exceptional care
- Communication – Our prominent communication protocol closely links families, residents, and care providers
- Dining – Our dining experience makes use of delicate sciences to encourage participation, appetite, awareness, and interaction
- Life enhancement – We provide purpose-driven enrichment through one-on-one and group activities, quiet and relaxed moments, and sensory experiences
- Neighborhood design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
What can you expect to discover in our memory care community? We help with all of the following:
Discover Self-Esteem, Confidence, and Independence
- Celebrate each small success one at a time
- Encourage active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Helping to maintain religious and social contacts, stimulating mental activity, and promote physical exercise
Discover Dining Delights
- Encourage residents to participate actively in dining, assistance will be provided when needed
- Promote overall good health with nutrient-dense gourmet meals
- Provide “Food on the Run” for residents who are frequent wanderers or who are not able to focus on mealtime
- Meals are served in a quiet and calm environment at a fixed timing every day so that residents can be focused on eating
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Provide activities that are purpose-driven on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Activities are geared based on the time of day and residents’ present abilities
- Activities are planned to match the attention span of residents
- Provide activities that are non-competitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Provide active support and participation in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promote personal care activities as they interpret how a person is personally perceived by their family, friends, and peers
- Encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Provide play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact The Summit Today
Please contact a senior lifestyle counselor for more information on our memory care program. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal needs. We can schedule a tour and discuss our senior living options when you reach out to our team at 302.219.0018.