Any major life transition can bring about intense feelings of overwhelm, anxiety and other complicated emotions. This is especially so for those interested in moving to assisted living communities. However, another way to look at this is that it could be the beginning of a more fulfilling journey with new adventures and opportunities awaiting you each day.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living has evolved by leaps and bounds over the past few decades and is designed for older adults who are no longer able to live on their own for a wide range of reasons. Today’s assisted living communities offer a continuum of personalized and healthcare services in a residential setting. For those who value independence but require a higher level of support for daily activities like toileting, showering and grooming, this assisted living is perfect for you.
Benefits of Moving to Assisted Living
Although the move to a new living space may feel daunting, these benefits may help you look forward to this new and exciting chapter of your life:
- Opportunities to continue your passions – If your body has grown tired of completing house chores like washing the dishes, mopping floors or doing laundry, you’ll be delighted to hear that you can say goodbye to these now. Moving to an assisted living community means that there is already a dedicated team to keep your space hygienic and neat, so you will have more freed-up time than ever before to do whatever you wish. With various amenities and opportunities for fun, you have an endless list of activities to keep you busy awaiting you each day.
- Full access to healthcare facilities – As we age, the frequency of care people require is increased. You need not travel long distances anymore to get your medical check-ups done with onsite healthcare amenities and professionals to tend to your needs. This benefit only complements the care you can expect from living in an assisted living community, where you will receive thorough and comprehensive attention to your unique preferences and needs.
- Social engagement – Our social circles naturally shrink as we age due to various reasons. In order to avoid loneliness and isolation in your golden years, it is important to surround yourself with people. There is no better place than an assisted living community to find like-minded individuals who may share similar passions and interests as you.
What is the Best Time for Moving to Assisted Living?
Americans are living healthier and longer lives than ever now, and many older adults wish to stay in their homes for as long as possible. However, this may not always be the safest option for them. If your answer to three or more of these questions is “yes”, it may be time to consider assisted living:
- Are you craving a more vibrant social life?
- Do you frequently forget to take the right dosage of medication on time?
- Are chores becoming more taxing on your body?
- Do you require round-the-clock care?
- Is it dangerous for you to be home alone?
Why Choose The Summit?
With state-of-the-art amenities and high-quality services, The Summit guarantees a fulfilling retirement where you can feel at home and receive care when and where you need it. If you have any inquiries about our services, feel free to contact us today.