There comes a time when each person starts thinking more seriously about the future lifestyle they wish to have. Many people envision moving to a new city for senior living. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place! For those looking specifically to retire in Parker, SC, we’ve compiled a list of this city’s highlights to make your decision-making process more convenient.
About Parker, SC
Parker is a census-designated city situated in Greenville County, South Carolina in the United States. According to the World Population Review, Parker is home to over 12,200 residents and is the 49th most populated city in the state out of 472 cities. With a median age of 35, this city is also four years below Greenville Metro’s median age and three years below the national average. According to a U.S. Census report, Parker is known as the 11th most diverse suburb in the state and the 31st suburb with the lowest cost of living in the state.
Highlights of Retiring in Parker, SC
Life looks a little different for everyone depending on the city they live in. The residents of Parker get to indulge in all kinds of fascinating views, events and experiences. If you’re a retiree considering moving to Parker, we’re here to let you know this city is perfect for you. From picturesque parks and beautiful golf courses to historical museums, we have compiled the top highlights for those looking to retire in Parker, SC:
- Paris Mountain State Park – With roots dating as far back as the Great Depression, this park was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps. If you’re interested in camping in state parks, the Paris Mountain State Park camping facilities offer five paved trailside campsites around the North Lake Trail Loop for a great outdoor adventure.
- Lake Conestee Nature Park – Consisting of over 400 acres of natural habitat, this must-visit park contains a rich diversity of wildlife habitats. Those who visit are able to spot river otters, foxes, beavers, raccoons, deers, and other various small mammals, reptiles, and amphibians. With hiking trails available, you are guaranteed a great time here with friends and family.
- Upcountry History Museum – There are many interesting historical sites to visit, including the Upcountry History Museum for those looking to get informed about South Carolina’s history in great detail.
- Roper Mountain Science Center – This is the Upstate’s premier center for individuals of all ages to explore, learn and get involved with innovative opportunities to experience hands-on science enrichment activities. For an educational day out with your family and friends, bring them along when you visit this place.
- Greenville Glides – If you want to explore the sights and sounds of South Carolina’s most popular urban areas but aren’t keen on walking too much, Greenville Glides offers Segway tours that will make you feel like a local. There is no need to worry about your body aching when you want to explore the area with this exciting experience.
Why Choose The Summit?
Choosing The Summit takes hassles out of your life, providing residents with only conveniences to help them live out their dream retirement. Wake up feeling invigorated everyday having exciting events and activities awaiting you outside your doorstep.
If you have any inquiries about our services, feel free to contact us today.